Top Interview Questions to Ask
Published July 19, 2022
Nothing is more exciting than receiving word that a health facility wants to interview you for an assignment. An interview is not only a great moment to make a good first impression, it’s also the perfect time to get the inside scoop on the specifics of the placement. Because there is nothing facility supervisors like more than engaged and curious candidates, Springboard has put together the following list of the top questions you should ask during a travel healthcare interview.
- What will your shift be?
- What is the unit’s nurse-to-patient ratio? (If applicable)
- Will you be working the same shift times/schedule as your permanent staff?
- Is there call? If so, how often?
- Is overtime available and/or required?
- What’s the orientation process?
- Did you see my requested time off? Can it be approved? (If any)
- What charting system is used?
- What is the parking situation at the hospital? Is it free or paid?
- What are the uniform requirements?
- Ask any questions that are specific to the unit. For example, what are the common procedure types performed by the unit?
The end of the interview is a good time to bring up any special working conditions you would like to add to your contract and clear with the manager if it is possible. This can include things like requested time off during the contract, specific agreements regarding the hospital’s float policy, or special requests pertaining to scheduling.
To find out what amazing healthcare travel opportunities are available to you, we invite you to contact one of our awesome relationship managers by calling (866) 465-6286. For the last 20 years, Springboard has helped people just like you make positive career moves and increased their income. Don’t wait, see where Springboard can take you…today!